Sunday, November 7, 2010

How I Help My Kids to Relief Stress


We all have stress, adults and children. I can see it on my kids every day. There are different sources of stress for adults and children but there similar ways to relax regardless of your age.

I think children are too innocent to understand the sources of stress. As an adult I pretty much know where do they come from and I deal with it as soon as I can. For me listening to music, reading, writing, exercising, having a nice conversation is very relaxing.

When you observe your children you should really make a note what they like, such as music, movies, TV shows, and video games. I strongly believe that what they like reflects how they feel.

When I start to see that my kids listen to the kind of music and watch TV shows that I don’t care about I take them out for hiking.

Hiking is great, it’s very relaxing and in the same time you exercise. We often go back to the same place, a 15 minute ride from my house. It’s in a state park and it’s not too popular, we often see only a half a dozen people who are looking for the same thing we do, the beauty of nature.

We go to the same place but every time it’s a little bit different. The change of the seasons is breathtaking. We park at the top of the hill and climb down to a creek where we spend most of the time. My kids are throwing rocks or hopping from rock to rock to cross the creek.

I usually just sit there and watch them and take some pictures which I use as my screen saver when we get back.

No comments: