Sunday, October 23, 2011

Why Did I Join the Gym?

I have been regularly exercising a few years now. I bought a couple of equipment years ago and I set up an area for exercise in the basement. I enjoyed it for some time especially when I saw the benefits of it. It was convenient because all I had to do is to go down in the basement and everything was right there. I think the reason I started to exercise is to boost my energy. Later on I realized that an hour or so "pain" translates into measurable benefits. My cardiologist and family doctor noticed the changes and my blood test results came out better too.

I have been trying to exercise twice a week. Trying means that most of the time I only do it once a week. Usually they recommend exercising almost every day but from my experience I can tell that even one day makes a big difference.

Over the years exercising in my basement became boring. The same equipment all the time, by myself. It wasn't really as pleasurable as it used to be. Sometimes I even stopped doing it for weeks.

Then My boys wanted to lift weights and they didn't want to settle with some cheap weight bench, they wanted to join the gym. Then we realized that the whole family should join so we did the beginning of this year.

It's amazing how much equipment they have to work for any muscle. Usually I go late Sunday morning when it's not that busy anymore but there are still some good looking young women and that definitely helps to go thru my exercise routine.

Usually I start my exercise walking around an indoor track a couple of times then I spend about 30 minutes on an elliptical keeping my heart rate in the upper cardiovascular range.Then I spend about 20 minutes on the weight lifting machines. I use about 20 different machines every time I go. I couldn't afford all that having at home. And the young ladies, I can tell you that really helps. My boys of course go 3-4 times a week and I know it's a very good place for young men like them.

Going thru the exercise routine is somewhat a pain but well worth it. And when I'm done it feels good to say, yes, I did it again.


No comments: